Saturday, February 2, 2008

Eternally....

We lost a friend this week.  We didn't know him personally.  I think that I shook his hand years ago when my brother Barry was called to be Stake President and Elder Gordon B. Hinckley was the GA who presided at the conference.  Even though we didn't know President Hinckley personally, we felt like he was a good friend, someone that always made us feel good by his timely advice and strong testimony of the Lord.  We will truly miss him and the example that he has been to us.

The one thing that I think we can all take from the life of Gordon B. Hinckley was his selfless life of service to others.  We can all hope to be such a person.  In addition to all of the honors, we need to remember that he has been reunited with his sweetheart after four years of being apart.  sister hinckley 0003a I am sure that they enjoyed a sweet, loving reunion and are together again for eternity.  Our Father in Heaven has given us a plan of happiness that will allow us to be with our families forever.  I hope that we can all take from the example of the prophet and his sweetheart.

No comments: