Thursday, June 26, 2008

SCI-FI MOVIE NIGHT...a family tradition

SCI-FI MOVIE NIGHT is a tradition that my son-in-law Dave established a few years back. It involves seeing a science fiction movie, late at night, preferably at the dollar theater. When I am in Colorado Springs working, Dave and I try to see a sci-fi thriller on occasion, giving us the chance to see a movie that Melissa and Sharon would never go to (we ain't talkin chick flicks here)

Some of the movies we have seen include "The Day After Tomorrow"

Day after tomorrow

"I Am Legend" "Iron Man"

I am legend

Iron Man

and "JUMPER." By the way, Hayden Christensen does his best work when wearing his full Darth Vader suit. At least then his questionable acting ability isn't quite so obvious.

Jumper

We have also seen some dogs, the titles of which I can't and really don't want to remember.

Dave and Melissa are in town this week, so last night was SCI-FI MOVIE NIGHT!!

We ventured into the night, to the Sugarhouse 10 theaters to see a dollar movie (actually it was $1.50). Starting time was 9:45 pm with the classic SCI-FI thriller ending about 11:30 pm.

I wish that I could forget the name of this movie, as it was truly forgettable!! It was produced by the same guy who did "The Day After Tomorrow." He should have quit while he was ahead.)

What movie was it? I thought you would never ask!!

10,000 BC

And yes, IT IS available on DVD and Blu-Ray disc for your home viewing pleasure. At least watching at home you don't have to worry about laughing out loud and waking up those around you because you'll probably be sitting there watching it alone, unless you can coerce someone into watching it with you.

Flicks like this are what makes SCI-FI MOVIE NIGHT such fun.

TILL NEXT TIME...........

2 comments:

sware said...

Hello Grandma and Grandpa Packer!:) I rediscovered bec's blog today and traveled to yours! Its been fun to see how things are going and read fun stories (Sammie the Suitcase;)

Sure love you guys!
Sarah:)

Packer Family said...

You really had me laughing towards the end there! You have quite a wit!